- Decide what value you want
- Select "Analysis -> Create Calculated Field..."
Here, you can peruse the list of functions in the bottom-right corner to see what kind of calculations you can create. These calculations follow a simple rule, they are always calculated with respect to the cell they are in. For instance, if your graph displays Profit by State, then SUM( [Profit] ) will be calculated for each state. Let's create this field.
- Type "SUM( [Profit] )" into the Formula box.
- Type "Sum of Profit" into the Name box.
- Find the new Calculated Field in the Measures Pane.
- Create a Worksheet with this Field.
|Profit by Sub-Category|
- Create a Calculated Field named "Profit per Item"
- In the formula box, type "SUM( [Profit] ) / SUM( [Order Quantity] )"
- Add this Field to your Worksheet
|Profit and Profit Per Item by Sub-Category|