- Create a Worksheet.
|Profit by Region|
- Right-Click SUM(Profit) in the Text Pane
- Select "Quick Table Calculation -> Percent of Total"
|Percent of Total Profit by Region|
Congratulations, you've created your first table calculation. Now, you can see which regions are the most profitable at a glance. This is only the tip of the iceberg though. There is much more that can be done here. First, you can edit your table calculations to be more complex. Let's revise our percent of total be able to handle a 2-dimensional table.
- Add Another Dimension to the Worksheet
|Percent of Total Profit (?) by Region and Category|
Looking at this, we see that something isn't right, our percent of total is by column (Notice how each column adds up to 100%, but each row does not). We want it to be for the entire table.
- Right-Click the Table Calculation
- Select "Compute Using -> Table (Across then Down)"
|Percent of Total Profit by Region and Category|
There is so much more that can be done with Table Calculations. Alas, we'll have to save that for another post. Thanks for reading.